1. Do I really need to use the included Test/Screener before starting the program?
Although the Fluency Builders program is a scripted open-and-go program, we recommend using the Screener first even if your child has already been diagnosed with dyslexia. Dyslexia is not a one-size-fits-all reading disability. The Screener provides your child's unique dyslexia profile and gives you tips on how to use the program for that profile. This means your child can make faster progress. You won't be spending time on weaknesses your child doesn't have.
Your Kit includes a How-To video for the Screener that you can watch before testing.
2. How long does it usually take to test a child?
If you watch the Screener video before testing, and have your materials prepared in advance, the following is a guideline.
- Early Fall PreK (5 minutes)
- Late Spring PreK (15 minutes)
- Kindergarten (15 minutes)
- Early Fall Grade 1 (15 minutes)
- Mid Year to Late Spring Grade 1 (20-25 minutes)
- Grade 2 (20-25 minutes)
- Grades 3-12 (25 minutes)
3. How do I know where my child should begin in the program?
Your Kit includes a Quick Start Guide. Follow the steps in the Quick Start Guide to identify your child's placement in the program.